Loading ...

Photo

Hatventures DayZ server - You wanted it, you got it!

• Please log in to reply
372 replies to this topic

#241 Aminity

Aminity

Shaolin Hatter

• Members
  • 936 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:37 PM

Well, funny day today, just can't talk about it because shark doesn't want Pyro to find out :P

#242 Icarus_147

Icarus_147

Cow Kicker

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationNewcastle, UK

Steam Profile

• Icarus - Offline
    Since: Apr 19 2014 01:16 AM
    27.8 hrs last 2 weeks.
    Add Friend

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

Managed to steal a hacker's car for all of ten seconds while he tried to run me over after satchel charging me and 'Shark's bus. Fun, but also a little annoying.

#243 Shaggy _ Derf

Shaggy _ Derf

Zombie Biter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:26 AM

fun night tired meet up ... but i think people just thought i was a random or a hacker, got spooked by a someone by the NW barracks got shot then died by glitch (unable to bandage)

new spawn picked up a m16a2 m203 - been wanting to try it for awhile, then proceeded to get king hit by a zombie.

also is there something up with the zombies? ... seem to agro alot less then other servos

#244 Shaggy _ Derf

Shaggy _ Derf

Zombie Biter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:29 AM

also one thing i would recommend is somehow making it that you have to sign into hatventures to be able to see the password for the server as at the moment you dont?

maybe something to control the hacker?

#245 Aminity

Aminity

Shaolin Hatter

• Members
  • 936 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:39 AM

The password was originally the same as that for the teamspeak server and was only obtainable when you inputted the request command ingame on the Minecraft server. However the password then was used on game servers as well, resulting the attraction of non-minecraft players. Players started asking on the forum what the password was, since they didn't have a minecraft account to begin with (and therefore not being able to enter the whitelisting process in the first place) they were given the password in the topics for those games. Resulting in a very low protection barrier these days.

Just googling the following words gives me the servers password on the third hit :"Hatventures password"

On a different term however, if we improve security we will also limit the player pool, decreasing the challenge caused by the risk of meeting non-friendly players. Changing the password for the server therefore won't do the gameplay any good in my opinion. I therefore suggest, if possible, to find improved ingame anti-hack protection and/or perhaps assigning moderators rights on the server to the staff or people that can be trusted with such permissions.

#246 ScarfedRedhead

ScarfedRedhead

Lapis Miner

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:19 PM

Thanks for shooting me just when i was crashing, i really appreciate these two events coming together as one and the respawn outside of the map with out anything but my food-, thirst-, and blood levels as they were before as a cherry on top. :3

Posted Image

#247 Diagoro

Diagoro

Cow Kicker

• Members
  • 27 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

Thanks for shooting me just when i was crashing, i really appreciate these two events coming together as one and the respawn outside of the map with out anything but my food-, thirst-, and blood levels as they were before as a cherry on top. :3

... and that's Day Z in a nutshell!
Posted Image

#248 Jamspencer

Jamspencer

Cow Kicker

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationCheshire

Steam Profile

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

Haha well that was intense. Just popped onto the server to find out my BattleEye GUID and within 10 seconds two people walk into the barn. I panic and shot the guy but then have no ammo left and proceed to receive serveral bullets in the face. The chances of that! There were only 13 people on the server and within 10 seconds of spawning in I bump into 2 people.

#249 Shaggy _ Derf

Shaggy _ Derf

Zombie Biter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

The password was originally the same as that for the teamspeak server and was only obtainable when you inputted the request command ingame on the Minecraft server. However the password then was used on game servers as well, resulting the attraction of non-minecraft players. Players started asking on the forum what the password was, since they didn't have a minecraft account to begin with (and therefore not being able to enter the whitelisting process in the first place) they were given the password in the topics for those games. Resulting in a very low protection barrier these days.

Just googling the following words gives me the servers password on the third hit :"Hatventures password"

On a different term however, if we improve security we will also limit the player pool, decreasing the challenge caused by the risk of meeting non-friendly players. Changing the password for the server therefore won't do the gameplay any good in my opinion. I therefore suggest, if possible, to find improved ingame anti-hack protection and/or perhaps assigning moderators rights on the server to the staff or people that can be trusted with such permissions.

true - I found out from hatchat and just browsed the forums until I found itI decided to sign in to keep informed and involved and i understand how a whitelist could kill dayz, This is also strengthen by your point about minecraft like poeple myself that dont play minecraft anymore just watch it.implementing dayz anti hack would help i guess as it would be applying real time monitoringhttp://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/73460-dayz-anti-hax-a-very-simple-server-side-console-application-for-automatically-banning-hackers-in-dayz and as you said giving admin permissions to a trusted regular would help alot, but you must make sure that these people do not abuse powers as it is very common thing on alot of other servers./

#250 Pyrowman

Pyrowman

Captain Dutchland

• Members
  • 1951 posts
  • Locationthe Netherlands.

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:22 AM

...as you said giving admin permissions to a trusted regular would help alot, but you must make sure that these people do not abuse powers as it is very common thing on alot of other servers./

You clearly haven't been on the Minecraft server. You don't have to worry about mod/admin corruption here!

So the Killer Tractor was a hacker? Why on earth would you choose a tractor as your vehicle of choice? That's ridicu- ah, I get it.

Edited by pyrowman, 25 October 2012 - 09:43 AM.

ZpnXOGD.gif

#251 Shaggy _ Derf

Shaggy _ Derf

Zombie Biter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:39 AM

yes I'll admit I havn't been on a hatventures minecraft server - i found i got more joy watching alsmiffy burn everything then actually play it.

as for tractor's there quite good i think since they go off road at a decent speed - abit hard to steer though.

#252 Normeo

Normeo

Cow Kicker

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationLeicester

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:23 PM

Is it just me or does half the map appear to be on fire (last night that is). I love the glitches that dont kill you :)

#253 Shrewlad

Shrewlad

Great Scot!

• Administrators
  • 722 posts
  • LocationGlasgow, Scotland

Steam Profile

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

Dear Normeo,

This is a glitch which can occur around the area of a crashed Heli making the world light up like a Christmas Turkey.

Good day.

tumblr_mdls6yDmh91ri9266o1_250.gif

Most beautiful gif I could find.

#254 ScarfedRedhead

ScarfedRedhead

Lapis Miner

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:23 PM

It's called Smiff-Vision. Though it's not known to be contagious.

Posted Image

#255 Normeo

Normeo

Cow Kicker

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationLeicester

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:02 PM

Cheers for that. Also, who nicked the lee enfield and 60 rounds of ammo out of my tent :D
They'll be some cooked meat in there if I can make my way back unmolested.

#256 Shaggy _ Derf

Shaggy _ Derf

Zombie Biter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:10 AM

i thought the world on fire is only caused by hacked helicopters?

#257 Aminity

Aminity

Shaolin Hatter

• Members
  • 936 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:23 AM

Nop, all crashed helicopters make an inferno in their crash locations skyline.

#258 Shaggy _ Derf

Shaggy _ Derf

Zombie Biter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:40 AM

odd I thought the ones where you see half the map ablaze is a glitch with hacking, i thought normal heli's just have smallish fires .... i will presume no more

#259 Aminity

Aminity

Shaolin Hatter

• Members
  • 936 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:59 AM

We had hackers on the server, but not that many :P

#260 thelordofwalls

thelordofwalls

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:17 PM

By the way the server is at war with kindashark and pyrow so kill them if you see them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users