#21 Pyrowman

Pyrowman

Captain Dutchland

• Members
  • 1,951 posts
  • Locationthe Netherlands.

Steam Profile

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:51 PM

Now on topic.. This is an excellent post, and I have a thing that I think should be considered:
Don't do giant cobble boxes. I'm sorry but they are ugly, also, I know that all of you can do better than that, luckily I haven't seen any giant cobble structures so far, yet I fear that they may appear one day. On the same topic, floaty planes of wood, cobble, dirt or other stuff ain't pretty either, if you want to do a floating island make it look like it was torn out of the earth, or put propellers or a giant balloon on it, makes the whole illusion so much better! Think about your builds and try and get some good inspiration, in that way we'll soon be playing on the prettiest server out there!

This topic is not about personal preference. People are free to build whatever they want (unless it's offensive), including ugly, cobblestone monstrosities.

ZpnXOGD.gif

#22 digitalAlchemist

digitalAlchemist

Zombie Biter

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • LocationAmong The Stars

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:04 PM

Can I add something that's just really annoyed me when I Iogged in today? If you get caught by a creeper blast in somebody else's property - could you please have some decency and at least try to patch it up? I'd rather not jump on the server to find a big hole in the side of my farm where some idiot decided to taunt a creeper.

EDIT: To be clear, I'm talking about unclaimed wilderness. Yes, it's a free-for-all out there and it's risky - but I don't want to make a brand new town soley for one plot of land. I'm just asking that people try help repair the damage. Otherwise I have to tap into my resources to fix it. Again.

Buildernator: oneknux | Steam: digitalAlchemist | Twitter: @digialchem

#23 acciotardis

acciotardis

Zombie Biter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationLampeter, Wales, UK

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:37 PM

The Nether is no man's land. I'm afraid I don't have anything for that. Just be nice and thoughtful, I guess.

Thank you my good man. That clears things up perfectly.

Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

Feared By Voles... Revered By Moles

#24 Pyrowman

Pyrowman

Captain Dutchland

• Members
  • 1,951 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:46 PM

Can I add something that's just really annoyed me when I Iogged in today? If you get caught by a creeper blast in somebody else's property - could you please have some decency and at least try to patch it up? I'd rather not jump on the server to find a big hole in the side of my farm where some idiot decided to taunt a creeper.

EDIT: To be clear, I'm talking about unclaimed wilderness. Yes, it's a free-for-all out there and it's risky - but I don't want to make a brand new town soley for one plot of land. I'm just asking that people try help repair the damage. Otherwise I have to tap into my resources to fix it. Again.

Good one! I'll add it to the list!

ZpnXOGD.gif

#25 magnificentjosh

magnificentjosh

Lapis Miner

• Members
  • 287 posts
  • LocationAround the side of my head, where my eyes are

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:33 PM

• It can take a while to fully chop down a big tree. That doesn't mean you should leave the top of it float about, because you can't reach it. It's sloppy and annoying!

Very much seconded. I built my little house on a lovely beach at the edge of the jungle just outside Geoffville. I come back one day and the jungle has been turned into a wasteland of ridiculous floating vines and leaves. It's going to take me weeks to get it looking decent again.

#26 Sphiron

Sphiron

Just Japanese

• Moderators
  • 3,691 posts
  • LocationPerth Australia

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:26 PM

Very much seconded. I built my little house on a lovely beach at the edge of the jungle just outside Geoffville. I come back one day and the jungle has been turned into a wasteland of ridiculous floating vines and leaves. It's going to take me weeks to get it looking decent again.

Or a world rewipe
Lei Sensou-Jin Lei Zizzl , Seiwoss Igalima lyzen tron
Balwisyall nescell Gungnir Tron, Imyuteus Ame no Habakiri Tron

#27 magnificentjosh

magnificentjosh

Lapis Miner

• Members
  • 287 posts
  • LocationAround the side of my head, where my eyes are

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:57 AM

Or a world rewipe

Nawww, I was just starting to get it looking decent.

#28 tate451

tate451

Wordsmith

• Wiki Author
  • 2,055 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:28 AM

I have noticed a number of people throwing themselves at me for no good reason.
Now it's not just me I have seen this occurring to others too. I know we're all happy to see each other but whatever happened to a polite good day?

I find "glomping" some what fractious especially when there is a steep drop in the immediate vicinity.

xconformers.gif

#29 Pyrowman

Pyrowman

Captain Dutchland

• Members
  • 1,951 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:06 PM

Added another point under 'The Forums'.

ZpnXOGD.gif

#30 Matthewar

Matthewar

Robot

• Members
  • 1,265 posts
  • LocationBritain

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:18 PM

A re-iteration, PVP is still the system where you have to challenge the person? Because if this is the case surely the /pvp system should be automatically off, it's really annoying to have to disable PVP every time I come online, especially since it seems in the greylist world some people randomly try and kill you
Posted Image

#31 dimensionZ

dimensionZ

Administrator

• Dev
  • 2,755 posts
  • LocationParis

Steam Profile

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:35 PM

I will make the "no pvp" by default

#32 Admiral Outwebs

Admiral Outwebs

Crusader Hatter

• Wiki Author
  • 1,665 posts
  • LocationMy Temporal perception is way off, what makes you think I have any idea about space.

Steam Profile

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:25 PM

• On a related note; the world is indeed a vast place. There is no need for building your house right next to the other, if they oppose to it. It will only restrict you, regarding space and resources. Give each other some breathing space.

Perhaps you should include not to start a town too close to another. For Example, 3 Towns on the server: Skyfier, Aeternus & LostCityAtlanta are all within very close proximity of each other and aren't that far from hattington either. While I realise that people are allowed to put their town wherever they like, people should at least accomadate for nearby towns and give them some space to expand rather than just building wherever they feel like otherwise we will have a situation where several towns won't be able to expand. Some towns may never get to this point but if they wanted to be part of a town in a certain area then they should see if there is another nearby town first and if they want to own a town then they should find the area to put it rather than just starting a new one right next to another one, the world is effectively infinite, we needn't have all the towns in one place.

Simon_Blackquill%27s_Cut_In.PNG

Now Running 64-bit Jawa

- Outerwebs, Hatventures Pokemon Rank 4 (Hat Monotype Tournament), Psionics master, Wiki Author.

#33 Pyrowman

Pyrowman

Captain Dutchland

• Members
  • 1,951 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:24 PM

Perhaps you should include not to start a town too close to another. For Example, 3 Towns on the server: Skyfier, Aeternus & LostCityAtlanta are all within very close proximity of each other and aren't that far from hattington either. While I realise that people are allowed to put their town wherever they like, people should at least accomadate for nearby towns and give them some space to expand rather than just building wherever they feel like otherwise we will have a situation where several towns won't be able to expand. Some towns may never get to this point but if they wanted to be part of a town in a certain area then they should see if there is another nearby town first and if they want to own a town then they should find the area to put it rather than just starting a new one right next to another one, the world is effectively infinite, we needn't have all the towns in one place.

That's what I meant with "Don't build so close to each other".

ZpnXOGD.gif

#34 Admiral Outwebs

Admiral Outwebs

Crusader Hatter

• Wiki Author
  • 1,665 posts
  • LocationMy Temporal perception is way off, what makes you think I have any idea about space.

Steam Profile

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

I realise that, its just that there could be a bit of ambiguity. I just wanted to make sure everything that's needed is covered.

Simon_Blackquill%27s_Cut_In.PNG

Now Running 64-bit Jawa

- Outerwebs, Hatventures Pokemon Rank 4 (Hat Monotype Tournament), Psionics master, Wiki Author.

#35 solidmetalme

solidmetalme

Zombie Biter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Steam Profile

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:07 AM

Sounds reasonable, will do my best kind sir!
Posted Image

#36 Jerosh

Jerosh

Treacherous Lover

• Moderators
  • 1,515 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:06 PM

Heh, now THIS is a topic that I should have read long ago. As people know I get myself in trouble for my antics quite often. :P

Posted Image

#37 solidmetalme

solidmetalme

Zombie Biter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Steam Profile

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:43 AM

Heh, now THIS is a topic that I should have read long ago. As people know I get myself in trouble for my antics quite often. :P

That sounds like me as wel!
Posted Image

#38 Meynos

Meynos

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

Cringlebert Fistybuns? Bwahahaha!
Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire!

#39 Pyrowman

Pyrowman

Captain Dutchland

• Members
  • 1,951 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

Yes? You called? (I'm actually Pyrowman, as you can tell by my steam/minecraft name)

On topic: With the coming server change, I might need to edit this page to suit it. Will do that once the new server is up.

ZpnXOGD.gif

#40 tate451

tate451

Wordsmith

• Wiki Author
  • 2,055 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

A gentleman is not immune from the holiday spirit, nor an island of prudish emotional constraint. If Mr Pyrowman wishes to be Cringlebert Fistybuns in honor of the holiday season then by golly gosh I shall for one support him in his Cringling and bunfisting endeavors.... Mainly with a susurrus of appreciative applause and the occasional Woot!

xconformers.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: server, teamspeak, etiquette, hatventures, forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users