Loading ...

Photo

Origins:Guess the story

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will be the first to die? (241 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will be the first to die?

1. Ross (47 votes [19.50%])

Percentage of vote: 19.50%

2. Trottimus (110 votes [45.64%])

Percentage of vote: 45.64%

3. Alsmiffy (84 votes [34.85%])

Percentage of vote: 34.85%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 shenorai

shenorai

Star Tailor

• Banned
  • 639 posts
  • LocationTAG Academy

Steam Profile

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:40 PM

The Bearded one is my favourite Sir but I'm also afraid that he will be the first to die ... slaughtered by the Green Goblin or the Beady Walrus

So Smiff is a goblin now?

I am moving my content to The Skindex!

v Older skins are here, for now v

Posted Image

#22 Smokyjones

Smokyjones

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCanada, ontario.

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:31 AM

Hmmm... well, It looks like something with a "story" because if you look at the icon and you think of portals it looks like some portals it looks like some portals so.. WE ARE GOING INTERDIMENSIONAL BABY, YEAH! and with the teaser and the "unknown entity" it looks like that "unknown entity" could be the guide or the enemy. END OF LINE.

#23 Fmalover12

Fmalover12

Immortal Empress

• Members
  • 951 posts
  • LocationSomewhere over the rainbow.

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:09 AM

Well, according to Hatchat, I think that the new series, Origin, will be a cinematic thing as we have seen in the video, and none of their entirely non-scripted blundering aboutedness as they usually do. I think it'll be an interesting change, and hey- if i don't like it, I'll still have skyblock to look forward to. Not that i've ever actually disliked anything the Sirs have ever done... XD

But I think that "Origins" will fortell about how they all met each other, like a blast from the past, a trip to an interdimension when they have no idea who each other is and they will have to meet each other and go on an epic that had originally (heh, get it?) formed their lifelong friendship.

That's just how I see it. It's a little rough as far as ideas go, but I think it would be good! :o

(Just a new thought -- maybe that castle was SissyRoo's castle? And the vengeance of the evil wizard has caught up with them yet! :o even more riveting of a tale!)

tumblr_n07vype9m71qewsw4o5_r2_500.gif

#24 oaky

oaky

Cow Kicker

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:11 AM

TNT suicide mission. Smith is history,

#25 dorkdav

dorkdav

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:06 AM

My guess is that they fall into Terraria and start playing that game. But honestly I have no idea what they are doing, I assume they wake up in some new world, I gathered they got some people to build a nice little set for them to play around with. So some crazy hijinks with them trying to survive in this strange new lands.

P.S. Also I like how even in their scripted videos they manage to fall off into an endless abyss.

P.P.S I hope they'll put out some behinds the scenes stuff for Origins.

#26 shenorai

shenorai

Star Tailor

• Banned
  • 639 posts
  • LocationTAG Academy

Steam Profile

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:11 AM

Sticking to a theory I had, I'm going to assume that the mysterious figure is an entity that all of the Sirs had encountered sometime during their lifetime.

Were the Sirs chosen for some sort of task?
Why the human, walrus, and green person?
Have the Sirs wronged this entity somehow?
Is the entity even the true threat? Or a servant of some Mastermind?

...which may also be why we see a ~M~. Since "Obvious Plot Device" was labeled in such a way, perhaps we have a Mastermind character.

...now I'm just throwing wild ideas everywhere.

I am moving my content to The Skindex!

v Older skins are here, for now v

Posted Image

#27 Razi the Red

Razi the Red

Cow Kicker

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationTexas, United States

Steam Profile

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:58 AM

If this series is to have an epic plot rather than an LP format I don't really expect anyone to die... At least not immediately.
The one eyed, suit wearing adventurer!

#28 leegeeves

leegeeves

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:27 AM

I have a theory, playing on the whole origins idea.
As they've said in Hatchat episodes, it'll be more of a cinematic thing.
So I'm thinking a machinima of their individual origins, like where did the walrus come from?
How did he get his doctorate? Why is Alsmiffy a green monster akin to creepers and zombies?
Djh3max's djing career. Something like that. I'm not sure how a plot would fit into this.
I'm envisioning it like the Christmas Carol, where Scrooge travels to different parts of his life.

Idk, just an idea. Anyone agree?

#29 Name_Goes_Here

Name_Goes_Here

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:40 PM

I think that they have been waiting to do this for a while as a devilish character has appeared in some of their videos dating back from when Trott had Ralph the dog. The character usually appeared when something strange would happen (eg: the random floating enchantment table). I think that this character is the one who's eyes were in the video who might be a significant character in the next series.

#30 shamzi

shamzi

Cow Kicker

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:37 PM

So Smiff is a goblin now?

Think about it

He's not to be trusted with TNT or Fire
The description of his cult is Explosions, Fire and Destruction. The lair of the green one
implying that he's evil

The custome he's wearing is from his alterego (cfr Spidermans Green Goblin)

I rest my case :-)

#31 Smokyjones

Smokyjones

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCanada, ontario.

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:08 PM

Fmalover12 wrote " A trip to a interdimension". (GLaDoS Voice) Now your thinking, with portals! ( sorry I just had too do that)

#32 Kootiepatra

Kootiepatra

The Building Queen

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:45 PM

I'm imagining they will have to complete some sort of trials along the way to "prove themselves" to the red figure. (And no, trials =/= jumping puzzles. But perhaps some kinds of puzzle/challenge/epic monster battles/hard choices kind of stuff.)

Posted Image

#33 OtterOfOtterion

OtterOfOtterion

Creeper Masher

• Banned
  • 481 posts
  • Locationthe icemans teeth

Steam Profile

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:16 PM

-Well this look´s ominus.
anyway at a zoom in at him at 720hd. he look´s like a strange colered panda. this makes me scared of him. cause i think it´s creepy
with hybrid animal´s. and i mean real creepy like herobrine not creeper´s.

masterfull master of otters

uRBe96w.png

#34 Penguinoe

Penguinoe

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSanta Fe

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:34 PM

In my mind, I truely think that Trot will die first (If it is a LP) because he was the 'Best Skydiver' as they said in the final of skylands. I also think that Smif will die the least because if you think about it,he is usually the one that almost ALWAYS gets the least amount of death counts,also,if you think about it long and hard,you will see that Smif is actually very cautious sometimes in the series.And finally,i think that Ross will get about in the middle of Smif and Trot. I ALSO read everyone's comments and ideas on the plot of 'A Beginning'. So I'm gonna go with everyone's ideas because you never no.So I'm not trying to take any chances with taking sides of ideas.

#35 SaltySoul

SaltySoul

Delectable Spectre

• Wiki Author
  • 1,790 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:52 PM

I also would imagine it's cinematic. If they were going to do another playthrough type thing they wouldn't have such an epic trailer. The green one would definately die first given his past experience with demolition and pyrotechnics.

#36 HyMyNameIsMatt

HyMyNameIsMatt

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:34 AM

I'd guess cinematic as well. The lead up and structure of the video makes me think either they're going back in time to their old adventures, ot going back further in Minecraft history to the origin of something else. Either seems plausible.

#37 SaltySoul

SaltySoul

Delectable Spectre

• Wiki Author
  • 1,790 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:03 AM

I agree as well with what leegeeves said. The sir's individual origins as well as how they met and shtuff like that.

#38 xzkard

xzkard

Cow Kicker

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationIt's not where it's when!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:48 AM

Well the name Origins certainly does imply a beginning be it the beginning of their partnership (as many have already said) or the beginning of an even bigger hatventure to come, but i do enjoy an introduction of an antaganist, it really gives justification for a plot.

but only time will tell if this will be a full machinima, where every thing is cinematic and every word is scripted. or (as some has all ready distasted this term) it becomes more like shadow of israphel like where the three get thrown into a world or worlds and continue to bumble about and other persons move the plot (dues ex machina) along and they're just along for the ride, and since we're watching them us as well.

p.s. trot will die first probably killed by smiffy

KHItag4.png

#39 Lockjaw664

Lockjaw664

Zombie Biter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:13 AM

rofl; its a bit off topic but the poll at the beginning of the thread made me laugh when I saw the current results. So many people lack faith in the Walrus.

I have done what no mortal man can do and killed the Walrus and took his sword...I am the Batman.

Posted Image

#40 betadude40

betadude40

Holy Hatter

• Members
  • 3,201 posts
  • LocationIn my SU-100, waiting for something interesting to happen

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:47 PM

I think that they have no f*cking clue what they are doing and are just reading this thread about stuff they could do.

Anyone else?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users